I did make good on my promise to myself, and I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday. I thought it was telling/humourous that when my husband came out and saw me working out to Jillian his remark was, “oh wow, you must be serious, you only do this when you mean it.” Yes honey, this time I mean it.
I know I’ve covered this a little in the past, but this is what i love about the 30 Day Shred and why I feel it’s successful, at least for me:
- I like checking things off and seeing a finish line, so having a “day 3 of 30” instead of “the third day I’ve worked out” really impacts me psychologically and keeps me motivated.
- I can do it at home, in the mornings. This gets rid of a lot of excuses, and I am the queen of finding excuses.
- It sets the tone for the rest of my day, making it easier to stay on track.
- You see results, quickly.
- It’s actually a fairly fun workout and I appreciate the variety of strength, cardio, and abs.
I did the 30 Day Shred yesterday morning, and this morning. I also made it to the gym last night and I’ve been eating really healthy.
So, I guess, here’s to “getting serious.”