It’s time for another I Heart Faces Fix-It Friday!!
Like I’ve mentioned in previous posts, I Heart Faces is a fantastic, interactive photography/editing blog. Every Friday they have something called “Fix-It-Friday” where they post an image for you to edit. They also have contributors who explain how they “fixed-up” the photo so it’s an opportunity to learn new techniques. Other readers also post their links to edits so you get a huge variety of editing solutions.
Check out this week’s challenge and all the other beautiful edits here:
- used Image>Adjustments>Exposure to get a pleasing balance of light
- used dodge and burn tools to remove some shadows and to add interest to certain areas
- used healing brush to get rid of some distractions in the hat and on the face
- used a really cool technique I read on one of the I-Heart-Faces contributor’s (Julie Rivera) blogs I removed the circles under her eyes by duplicating my layer, removing the circles using the patch tool, and then setting the opacity of that layer to 70%, this was so awesome to me because I had a huge problem editing under eye circles before and I feel this technique works great
- selected the eyes and played with the levels and then color/saturation/hue adjustments
In my opinion this was one of those photos that I could have done 20 different actions to (not all at once of course) and loved every result.