Even if the prize isn’t big the thrill of winning is always awesome. I won $35 during the Super Bowl last night for having the winning team and point total and I couldn’t keep a grin off my face.
So, how is this important to the blog? Well, I’ve decided that it might be fun to occasionally have contests. Hopefully it will increase traffic and interest, not to mention give me something to write about during slower times.
The prize for the first contest is, drum-roll please, free professional photo editing by yours truly. This is great for newlyweds and new parents (who have tons of new photos) as well as professional photographers (who has time to do it all) and other bloggers (pro looking photos to go with your posts, nice little headers, maybe a signature to put in your forums).
- First place is five edited photos, second place is three edited photos, and third place is one edited photo
- Photos can be of anything as long as you own the rights to those images, they are of an unoffensive nature, and are hi-resolution
- Winners will be contacted by email and will have one week to email me their photos and a short explanation of what they’d like done to the images
- Any kind of manipulation/editing can be requested. Some ideas: image restoration, color processing changes, skin retouching, color correction, and creating/changing the mood of a photo. If something just isn’t going to be possible I will let the winners know so they can make different selections.
- Contest starts immediately and will run for two weeks (2/22). Depending on interest I may decide to extend it.
- By agreeing to be in the contest you also agree to allow me to post your edited and unedited images to this blog after I am finished working on them.
To enter the contest (super easy):
- Do something to promote this blog. Tweet it, FB status message it, blog about it, it doesn’t matter.
- Comment in this post explaining how you “got the word out” (please make sure that I somehow have your email address)
If you have any questions or want to see more samples of photos I’ve worked on, feel free to email me. This should be fun!!!!!
Since every post needs some photos, here are some examples of what I can do:
I also wanted to point out that three of the four photos above are from a $100 camera so images don’t need to be professional quality (although it does help).