Wow, it’s been a month already!!! I am really enjoying this journey!! I feel it’s really been pushing me to become a better person and making myself take steps to a better life.
I’ve completely 9 tasks this month, which if you figure each task on the list gets 3.65 days to complete I am actually 3 days ahead of schedule!! What I accomplished this month:
– Cook a meal of his choice from our Italian cookbook
– Attend 1 networking event
– Edit someone else’s photo
– Create a chore list for the house
– Start a Blog
– Join a book club
– Go out at night in flat shoes and everyday clothes (inspired by M)
– Play Mah-Jong for an hour (inspired by Gama)
– Create a budget
Are these earth-shattering events? No, not really, a couple of them were rather basic and painless. Did I learn something from each one of them? Will I reap benefits in the future? Did they provide some much-needed tools for managing my life? A resounding, “without a doubt” to all those quesitons. Each task I accomplished helped me to begin shaping a life to be proud of. I will continue to be influenced by these tasks as I complete my list and far into the future.
At the moment I have a few tasks I’m working on: completing the thirty day shred, losing 25 lbs, and reading 30 books off of my “to-read” list.
– Completing the 30 Day Shred is going well, I’m currently on Day 5. I was a little upset at myself though because I was on Day 6 at one point and I let the weekend derail me, pushing me back to Day 1. If it wouldn’t have been for those two days I would currently be on Day 13 and almost halfway done. It was just a reminder about the importance of persistence.
– Losing the 25 lbs however is going fantastic! At the 12 Day mark I am happy to say that I’ve lost 6 lbs! I’ve been doing the 30 Day Shred, heading to the gym 4-5 times a week, and eating very healthy. It’s great to see hard work pay off!
-On my “to-read” list I currently have 3 books at home on that list that I’m actively reading. I also have the “list” transferred to the list on my library account so I can easily request them when I’d like to read them.